CRAFT FAIR link up!!

note: this is a really long post with plenty info & pictures
Arts and Craft festivals.
SpringFlings.
Bazaars.
Extravaganzas.


Call it whatever you want, 
but it's one intimidating event. 
Especially for the vendors. So much 
forethought, work, and time 
to put forth for a few days, 
or maybe even hours.

I plan on entering my handmade  goodies in a  craft fair for the first time in September.


I’m nervous.

I’m excited.

I’m full of ideas.



You see, I really don’t have the time to have a successful etsy shop. I can’t create every day. I can’t ship every day. I can’t really respond to emails every day. I can create once MAYBE twice a week, and some on the weekends. To me that is not enough. Especially since I work full time.



I really really wanna do this.  I really want to add this experience to my list.

It is going to take so much out of me, but I can do it. 


I will do it. 
With the help and patience of husband, sister, and friends this will be a success.
  
........................................
Let me define success for you.
Attending the craft fair. 
Yupp. I’m not doing this to make a wad of money. I’m not doing this to pay off a mortgage [that I don’t have]. I’m simply doing it for fun and to learn all that I can. I’d love to make a few contacts and have a presence within my own community!
........................................ 




A few things I've been brainstorming...
..................... 
I will accept credit cards…
I’m hoping this will boost sales.
..................... 
I will have TONS of printed 
pictures of my wares to show how 
to wear/use them.
..................... 
I will have a little sign up 
station for a mailing list.
As incintive to have attendees 
sign up, I’ll have a drawing 
from those who sign up.
The winner gets a $10 credit
..................... 
Business cards, 
business cards, 
business cards.
..................... 
I’ve been picking up antique 
plates, cups, and bowls in 
order to display little wares.
..................... 
I also have some frames that will 
be made into necklace and 
earring holders.
..................... 
I WILL provide reciepts to 
those who use a card.
..................... 
I will have slips available 
for custom orders.
..................... 
I will take my needle and 
thread and offer
“add a charm for $1.50”
..................... 
My prices will be on display 
for every item I’m selling 
in framed cuteness.
.....................  
I will make a bunting 
for eye catchyness.
.....................  
I will donate an item to 
the door prizes for the event.
.....................  
I WILL network. I WILL 
support other vendors.
..................... 
I WILL have fun :)
 .....................
  



All of those aforementioned things are 
cotton candy
but there are a few 
veggies 
in the mix.


I’m very nervous


What if I’m setting myself up for failure here? What if I waste all my time and money? What if I don’t sell a thing, and look like a total goof. What if it rains?


Answer: I DON’T CARE!

I’m more excited than anything.

I’m praying over this event and hoping that I fulfill all that the Lord has led me to do. If this is His will, it will be done. I’m going to go in confident and positive!!

All of these emotions lead to TONS AND TONS of 
pinterest research. I want this linky party to be a great resource for those of us who have the same anxieties I have. This is intended to be  more than a link up. Let's make this a great collaboration of knowledge and experiences and 
help each other out!!
........................................


I've rounded up a "few"
aka, a ton of
pictures for ya'll...




Here are some booths
that might inspire you...


i love how they used varying heights in this display


Notice the baskets on the ground. Great idea!Source: flickr.com via Megan on Pinterest

Source: alamoimages.com via Megan on Pinterest



Source: flickr.com via Megan on Pinterest



These next few pictures are of
how to display certain 
items in a funky way...


storing necklaces and bracelets on a neat tree
Source: etsy.com via Megan on Pinterest




you can put anything you want on these gorgeous birch blocks.a great price too!
Source: save-on-crafts.com via Megan on Pinterest




I love how the bowls draw attention to the jewelry!!
and the colors of the bowl compliment the colors in the jewelry.esculonsays.com via Megan on Pinterest




a simple little tree for bracelets or even statement rings...
Source: 
etsy.com via Megan on Pinterest





a colander? Who'da thunk it?
Source: 
mariezvezda.blogspot.com via Megan on Pinterest






cue shutters.....

Source: 
disciplesofetsy.blogspot.com via Megan on Pinterest




Source: esculonsays.com via Megan on Pinterest 


please notice the chalkboard horse!!!



i NEEEEEED this



an egg carton! adorable!! for statement rings OR earrings!!
they have beans in the bottom...
i'd totally use coffee beans 
Source: 
mariezvezda.blogspot.com via Megan on Pinterest



and a drawer?
how cute!!




and my favorite.... vintage plates!!!
Source: 
esculonsays.com via Megan on Pinterest





and now for the thing 
i'm most excited about?? 
SUITCASES!

PLEASE tell me you love this 
as much as i do? 
Source: thepleatedpoppy.com via Megan on Pinterest











Look!! using a ribbon to hang stuff!
Source: flickr.com via Megan on Pinterest


...............................................
I rounded up a few cute
marketing ads i found, too! Check these out... You could put an add in your 
local paper, bulletin boards, 
 and of course on your blog!



Source: flickr.com via Kyla on Pinterest


Ok.. everyone take a deep breath.
Inspiring stuff, huh? It just makes me
wanna down a case of red bull and get
straight to work!!

I hope that this has inspired you!
Feel free to link up your ideas,
pictures, and even some of YOUR
inspiration! Anything goes!

Don't forget to grab the button!















7 comments:

Aimee @ SmallAnchors.com said...

i LOVE the renegade fair -- hope to make the SanFran one next year {'cause we'll be in Cali!} --- i love the suitcase, the egg carton with the beans and all the pennant bunting. remember to leave things a little less than perfect - because perfect stations intimidate me and perhaps haven't sold anything?? a little disheveled is okay; makes for fun hunting!! good luck!!!

MJ said...

Great post! Your list is fabulous! Im doing a show in September too...I had to cancel last summer's fair. So this is a nervous time for me too! I love your inspiration photos and I have been saving egg cartons since March! lol Great minds think alike....Some great display ideas...I have my booth drawn out and next month I will do a mock set up on my deck then photograph so I have a visual for set up at 6 a.m. when I'll be digustingly nervous!

You will be fabulous and I know your going to take tons of pics to show all of your faithful friends!

xoxoxo
MJ
Lucky 7 Design

Lani Derrick said...

It really is a great posting! After a year of doing craft shows I think you know about everything I learned the hard way! You will love taking credit cards (hint: poeple shop more when they have this option). Not sure what you are using for credit cards, but if it isn't square you should definetly check them out and everythingis digital. No paper! squareup.com Great job! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Barbara said...

OMG Megan, I am on this same journey and thank you so much for this blog post. I am freaking out, I have 2 months and so much to do but you helped me a ton with ideas and your list...rock on and I hope you do amazing!

Flutterby Kisses said...

It's a great post.. and I love your thought on "adding a charm" while you're there.. just make sure you add to that.. "as time allows" .. lol.. I had thought about doing that kind of thing for the Canada Day fair here.. and I'm so glad I didn't offer it.. I was WAY too busy to be able to.. either that .. or have your add a charm sign be totally removeable to that if you get too busy you can just slip that one under the table and no one is the wiser :-)

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Wow so much inspiration. And more than a little nerve inducing.

Natalia Lynn said...

This is exciting! Good for you for go doing what you want and not letting yourself be paralyzed by fear! I am sure it will be great for you!

Popular Posts